Citizens need to engage with governments to ensure that their rights are protected and their aspirations reached.
The role of the Good Governance SubCommittees of Citizen Councils are as follows:
- To provide information about the role of institutions serving the people eg The Police, DS, Family Health Service, Grama Niladhari, Agrarian Officer, Samurdhi Development Officer, Estate Superintendent, Fisheries Society, Women’s organizations, Funeral Assistance Societies, Three- wheelers Associations, Religious organizations, Public Health inspectors, LG institutions, Provincial Councils and Central Government.
- To educate the citizen on his/her right to question these institutions
- To initiate a discussion on the various improvements that can be made in the service provision of these and initiate necessary
- ADDRESSING CIVIL RIGHTS IN THE ESTATE SECTOR
- HEALTH CAMP FOR JAYANTHIPURA CITIZENS
- CPA’s Outreach and Capacity Building team helps provide addresses for 1,500 plantation sector families in Maskeliya ( Daily FT Saturday, 12 March 2016)
- Photo gallery of The Distribution of Address to the Mocha estate in Maskeliya