Youth are the leaders of tomorrow. They need to be informed, guided and shaped so that they reach their maximum potential. The youth of Sri Lanka in particular have suffered much due to revolution and intolerance, and yet it is within their hands that lie the greatest potential for understanding, reconciliation and advancement.
Youth SubCommittees aim
- To promote respect for language rights among youth
- To encourage youth in critical & analytical thinking
- To use creative input of youth in development
- To get input from youth in planning and decision making
- To give youth opportunities for skills development and chances to demonstrate their creativity
- To promote youth participation in governance